Tuesday, June 17, 2008

David Spencer

I’ve really been enjoying Chapel Hill singer/songwriter David Spencer’s new CD Love Like A Symphony these days, courtesy of Frank’s recommenation. It takes me back to the first time I listened to the Aware Records release of John Mayer’s Room For Squares – it's warm catchy pop, though Spencer's sound is a bit less jazzy and more produced. And I like David Spencer’s vocals, too – he sounds a bit like Marc Cohn or maybe the dude who sings “The House of Stone and Light” (Mark Page). My two favorite tracks are below – love the production on “Town of Wandering Ones,” and “Gonna Be Something Good” has a hook you just can’t shake. It looks like he’s pretty much doing shows down in his neck of the woods, but I’m hoping he come up to DC soon.

MP3: Town of Wandering Ones - David Spencer
MP3: Gonna Be Something Good - David Spencer

No comments: